Subaru Outback is ABC Winner Three Consecutive Times
Date Added: 21/06/2018
Subaru’s All-Wheel Drive Outback 2.5i Premium has been named Australia’s Best All-Wheel Drive Sports Utility Wagon under $50,000 by the nation’s motoring organisations, for the third consecutive time.
Outback maintains Subaru’s remarkable record in the respected Australia’s Best Cars (ABC) awards.
Cars were evaluated by the NRMA, RACV, RACQ, RAASA, RACWA, RACT and AANT against a broad range of criteria including: value-for-money, design and function; and on-road ability.
Finalists were tested over four days at the Australian Automotive Research Centre proving ground near Anglesea, Victoria.
Outback was upgraded earlier this year with a fresh new look and a suite of Vision Assist features in premium variants that add to its All-Wheel Drive edge.
It features redesigned front bumper, grille, headlights, wing mirrors and wheel patterns.
There were exciting technical changes too: front and side view monitors on premium variants ensure the updated look is matched with the latest technology, including the new generation touchscreen audio unit, featuring Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto technology.
The third generation EyeSight® Driver Assist system added Lane Keep Assist.
The 2.5-litre engine, suspension and transmission were also refined for greater response, efficiency and driving pleasure too.
Subaru Australia Managing Director, Colin Christie, said: “Independence and objectivity are bywords for Australia’s Best Cars, which makes them highly respected awards by both Subaru and the public.
“Their testing process benchmarks vehicles genuine practicality and ability, so we’re very pleased to once again to receive recognition for Outback.”
Long regarded as a fun, flexible, family-friendly wagon, 11,340 Outbacks were sold in Australia last year.
Outback established a whole new market niche, as the original crossover wagon when it launched in 1996.
It has gone on to be recognised several times with industry awards including:
- 2001: Outback H6 - Best All-Wheel Drive - 4x4 Australia magazine awards
- 2009: Best SUV Under $40,000 - Fairfax’s Drive Car of the Year awards
- 2009: Outback 2.5i – Best Recreational 4WD – Australia’s Best Cars
- 2015: Outback 2.5i Premium -Best All-Wheel Drive Sports Utility Wagon under $50,000
- 2016: Outback 2.5i Premium -Best All-Wheel Drive Sports Utility Wagon under $50,000
- 2017: Outback 2.0D Premium - AWD SUV $45,000-$60,000 - OzRoamer annual Car of the Year awards
- 2018 *: Outback 2.5i Premium - Best All-Wheel Drive Sports Utility Wagon under $50,000
*ABC did not run in 2017.
every used car from Jarvis.
Used Car Free Extras
- Free 3 Year Unlimited Kilometre Jarvis Warranty
- Free 3 Year RAA Road Service